December 15, 2018

SSSS.Gridman Voice Drama - Episode 11.11

In a Town Where Kaiju Exist

*Shou's stomach growl*

Utsumi Shou: Ah... So hungry...

Takarada Rikka: The store downstairs didn't have anything left. The water dispenser isn't running, either.

Utsumi Shou: Seriously...? Ugh...

Takarada Rikka: So Hibiki-kun's still not waking up, huh...

Utsumi Shou: Yeah... Would've been nice if he's just sleeping, really...

Takarada Rikka: The doctor said he'll be fine... so he'll be fine, right?

Utsumi Shou: You never know. Like, he did get stabbed by Shinjou, of all people. Of course he's not fine.

Takarada Rikka: I know, but...

Utsumi Shou: Before things went down like this, if we... If we tried harder to stop Shinjou, then... Uh, never mind. Talking probably wouldn't have done anything to her anyway. I've always thought it was strange, you know. Way back when I got into high school. She was flawless, had no enemies, a ton cuter than anyone else, beloved by absolutely everyone in class... That's way too good to be true, no matter how I think about it.

Takarada Rikka: C'mon, Akane is just a normal kid. 

Utsumi Shou: If she was normal, she wouldn't have stabbed a classmate...

Takarada Rikka: I know, I know... 

Utsumi Shou: Still... Even after she stabbed Yuuta, I just couldn't bring myself to completely hate her. Is this also because Shinjou Akane is our God? Dammit... We were just normal high schoolers until recently, too... How'd things even go down like this?

Takarada Rikka: Hrm... But it hasn't been all bad things for me, I'd say.

Utsumi Shou: What?

Takarada Rikka: I might sound insensitive here, and it's true that a lot of people had died, and I know that Akane just stabbed Hibiki-kun, but... I think we've been doing what we could, even if it might have turned out not to be for the best. That's probably, you know, something only we could do, don't you think?

Utsumi Shou: But... The ones who fought were Yuuta and the Neon Genesis Junior High people, so...

Takarada Rikka: Right... So frankly speaking, we didn't do anything at all, huh?

Utsumi Shou: Just watching the fights from Junk's screen, yeah... Honestly, it doesn't seem all that useful...

Takarada Rikka: Maybe... it's really not about being useful or not.

Utsumi Shou: What do you mean? 

Takarada Rikka: Heh heh...

Utsumi Shou: Huh?

Takarada Rikka: Well, right now we're in pretty deep and don't know what will happen next, but up to now, I've really enjoyed the little things in between, you know? I know I'm saying weird stuff, but all the mundane things I've been doing every day, well... I've been thinking about keeping them the same as always, in a town where Kaiju exist and all that.

Utsumi Shou: Huh...

Takarada Rikka: Things like getting to talk about stuff with Hibiki-kun, messing around with Namiko and Hass, Calibur-san coming over for dinner at my place, arguing with mom at the cultural festival... Like, I was still more concerned about all those stuff, even with the Kaiju turning up all the time... And my opinions  on stuff might be different from yours, Utsumi-kun, but I didn't hate it at all, you know.

Utsumi Shou: Nope, it never seemed to be the case at all to me.

Takarada Rikka: Well, back then, yeah... But not now that I've thought back about it. But I know for sure that you always think things through before you act, Utsumi-kun. 

Utsumi Shou: Oh... 

Takarada Rikka: So you see, I always find myself acting before I even get my bearings... Well, I mean, I don't think things through as much, I guess...

Utsumi Shou: Heh heh... Always running off without a warning, eh?

Takarada Rikka: You can say that again. Like, that time when the UFO popped up, I was with Namiko and Hass, and I just left them without explaining anything. When I got back to them, they were raiding the contents of my bag.

Utsumi Shou: Heh, that sounds awful.

Takarada Rikka: I know, right? Ah... oh, yeah! *shuffling and unzipping* I forgot that I've got a can of yakitori in my bag!

Utsumi Shou: Wait, why'd you even have that stuff in there?

Takarada Rikka: Here y'go.

Utsumi Shou: Uh... huh...? I can really take it? Why?

Takarada Rikka: So there was that one time when we went to the family restaurant with everyone, right? I didn't pay my share -- well, probably didn't, so...

Utsumi Shou: Huh? ...Oh, yeah. You left early.

Takarada Rikka: Yeah, that's right. So consider this as me clearing up for back then. Well, I don't think just one can is gonna be enough to make it all up though...

Utsumi Shou: Oh, no. In this situation, I appreciate just a single can a whole lot. Now, without further ado... *pop* Ah...

Takarada Rikka: Hmm? What's up?

Utsumi Shou: Um... We don't have chopsticks with us, do we?

Takarada Rikka: What!? Chopsticks!? What are you, a girl!? Can't you eat with your hands just fine!?

Utsumi Shou: What do you think I am, an Indian?

Takarada Rikka: Huh!?

Utsumi Shou: Well, now now, I'm fine with my hands. Really.

Takarada Rikka: ...Ah. *shuffling* Wait, I actually have them. Chopsticks. They're in my bag. 

Utsumi Shou: Whoa, dude -- It's like you have everything.

Takarada Rikka: Here y'go.

Utsumi Shou: Alright... Thanks a million. I'm chowing down.

Takarada Rikka: Mm-hm. Oh, and I'm giving this back to you.

Utsumi Shou: Hmm?

Takarada Rikka: The tokusatsu mag you lent me back then.

Utsumi Shou: Oh, yeah. Uh, so, did you read it?

Takarada Rikka: I flipped through it.

Utsumi Shou: So you didn't read it?

Takarada Rikka: Oh, you know... 

Utsumi Shou: What?

Takarada Rikka: I've seen a lot of real Kaiju, so I didn't really see the point in looking at them in books...

Utsumi Shou: ...You got a point there.

Takarada Rikka: Personally, I'm real fed up with all the Kaiju, so to speak.

*Rikka's stomach growl*

Takarada Rikka: ...Ah.

Utsumi Shou: Not so fed down there, eh?

Rikka and Shou: Heh heh...

Takara Rikka: Perfect timing right there...

Utsumi Shou: So... Let's split this canned yakitori, yeah?

Takarada Rikka: Ah... You have my thanks.

Utsumi Shou: Oh yeah, should we leave some for Yuuta as well?

Takarada Rikka: Uh... can he even eat yakitori right after waking up?

Utsumi Shou: Heh... Who knows?

Takarada Rikka: Well, better than nothing, eh?

Utsumi Shou: I guess...

*snap*

Takarada Rika: Mm-hm, this is good.

Utsumi Shou: Really feelin' it.

Takarada Rikka: Sure is.

Rikka and Shou: Heh heh...

Takarada Rikka: Hah... If Hibiki-kun gets through all this safely -- If we all go back to being normal high schoolers like before -- Well, there's still Akane to worry about, so I guess we won't be back to completely normal anytime soon.

Utsumi Shou: Right.

Takarada Rikka: So you see, after ten or twenty years, after everyone gets married and find jobs and stuff -- Oh, will you become an anime voice actor, Utsumi-kun?

Utsumi Shou: Hah... sure. I'll roll with that.

Takarada Rikka: And there's your handsome voice...

Utsumi Shou: Heh, shut up.

Takarada Rikka: When that time comes, if we could talk about how big this stuff about Kaiju and Gridman was, like remembering the good old days or something... Wouldn't that be nice?

Utsumi Shou: Yeah... Sure would.

Takarada Rikka: Yup.

Utsumi Shou: But for that to happen, Yuuta's gotta wake up and get through this safely, too.

Takarada Rikka: Right...

5 comments:

  1. I kind of wish this made it into the episode. It really makes Utsumi and Rikka come off as proper friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that many anime get cool supplementary materials like voice dramas and such, I just hate that overseas audiences never get any of this stuff through official means. These have been been fun to help flesh our characters and interactions a bit more than the 24 minute run-time can allow. That being said, I'm extremely grateful for all the work you've done for these! I'm not ready for the show to end though :/

    ReplyDelete