May 28, 2021

SSSS.Dynazenon Voice Drama - Episode 9.9

Good Senpai

Character Notes:
Asanaka Yomogi (CV: Enoki Junya) - Main Character, Pilot of Dynasoldier
Inamoto-san (CV: Ise Mariya) - Koyomi's Friend from Middle School, Yomogi's Co-Worker. Called Inamoto only by Koyomi; current family name is Tachibana.

*door opens*

Inamoto-san: Whew...

Asanaka Yomogi: Looks like you've been busy lately, boss.

Inamoto-san: My husband got his leg fractured, you see. He runs his own shop, so I've got to help out too.

Asanaka Yomogi: A fracture... sounds rough. 

Inamoto-san: Sure is. He was hurt super bad -- caught up in the Kaiju attack the other day.

Asanaka Yomogi: Kaiju...

Inamoto-san: But one of my classmates happened to pass by and saved him!

Asanaka Yomogi: A classmate? Now that's what I call a coincidence!

Inamoto-san: I know, right? Really thankful for his help. He'd usually look like he's spacing out, but turns out he kinda can't ignore people who need help, I guess...

Asanaka Yomogi: Huh, don't tell me this guy was someone you liked back in the day?

Inamoto-san: Nah, not that kinda cliched stuff!

Asanaka Yomogi: Oh yeah?

Inamoto-san: And what about you, high school boy? Going well lately?

Asanaka Yomogi: What're you talking about?

Inamoto-san: Don't make me ask you again every time! So annoying... There's only one thing I want to ask you, you know.

Asanaka Yomogi: Ahh... sorry. It's the youth stuff, right?

Inamoto-san: Right.

Asanaka Yomogi: Lately, huh... Let's see... Wait, do you really want to know that much? 

Inamoto-san: I'm the president of the Yomogi-kun Watcher Association, after all. It's kinda like the Tama-chan Watcher Association.

Asanaka Yomogi: Now you're just messing around! 

Inamoto-san: Heheh, smart boy! Well, I guess kids your age don't want to talk about love life non-stop, but there are the thoughts you don't want to be asked about, and then there's the feeling of wanting to talk about it -- the things going in between those two are the real deal, I say! 

Asanaka Yomogi: And what's the Tama-chan Watcher Association, anyway? 

Inamoto-san: Oh, shut up... You're not listening to what I say at all! I bet you're your family's youngest kid.

Asanaka Yomogi: I'm an only child.

Inamoto-san: Blood type B?

Asanaka Yomogi: I'm A.

Inamoto-san: Left-handed?

Asanaka Yomogi: Right-handed.

Inamoto-san: Uh... reverse them?

Asanaka Yomogi: You got everything wrong!

Inamoto-san: Oh c'mon, an only child is technically the youngest child! Besides, it's not like I believe those blood type fortune telling anyway.

Asanaka Yomogi: I don't care about any of that!

Inamoto-san: I'm an adult, you know, so I'm trying to be a good senpai for you, high school boy! Why is it not working!?

Asanaka Yomogi: I do have a feeling that you're trying to be one, so don't worry about it.

Inamoto-san: No! That's the part that you don't need to feel! I wanna create an image of being a good senpai! You understand, right? If you feel that I'm trying to create an image, then it's all over!

Asanaka Yomogi: 'Kay.

Inamoto-san: Now you totally know it!

Asanaka Yomogi: Hahahaha...

Inamoto-san: I can't deal with high school kids these days... It's like they can see through my acts, you know? Young people are scary, I tell you!

Asanaka Yomogi: N-now, I wouldn't say that it's that bad...

Inamoto-san: I used to be young too, you know! But back then, I couldn't do anything! So looking at kids your age now, you all are enjoying life so much that I don't want any of you to end up like me! Joking around is all I can do, but I'm actually real jealous, you know! 

Asanaka Yomogi: (to himself) Heavy stuff...

Inamoto-san: I really should've done things I wanted when I had the chance, back when I was a student! I wanted to leave my home and school and relationships behind, and ride my bike with someone to the beach or something! But I couldn't!

Announcement: Excuse me, Tachibana-san. Please come help out at the register.

Asanaka Yomogi: They're calling you, boss.

Inamoto-san: It's probably just to help with a self-checkout register anyway! Yeah, I know, I'll be right there! Really, I have to work on a self-checkout register!? Then what are those even good for!? I can't take it anymore!

Asanaka Yomogi: Calm down, boss! It's alright, it's alright! Come on, steady!

Inamoto-san: Yeah, I'm going now... I'm an adult and the part-timers' leader, after all... 

Asanaka Yomogi: Hang in there...

Inamoto-san: You can take those leftover skewers home, by the way...

Asanaka Yomogi: Huh, I really like those! I really do! Thank you!

*Inamoto-san walks away while moping*

Asanaka Yomogi: She's annoying and all, but... she's a good senpai, for sure.

2 comments: